1. The Turning Point Suffragist Memorial Association (TPSMA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
2. TPSMA is administered by a volunteer Board of Directors, responsible for the funding and design of the memorial.
3. The Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority (NVRPA) is providing the location for the memorial in Occoquan Regional Park, and will oversee the construction, operation and maintenance of the memorial in perpetuity.
4. The park site, formerly part of the D.C. Prison complex where suffragists were imprisoned, is now owned by Fairfax County, Virginia. NVRPA has a 99-year lease of Occoquan Regional Park.
5. A Memorandum of Understanding between TPSMA and NVRPA is in place, and outlines the role of each party in the development, operations and maintenance of the memorial.
6. TPSMA must raise funds for the initial phase of development by November 30, 2015, currently estimated at $1 million.
7. The completed memorial will be one component of a larger Master Plan for Occoquan Regional Park, which will include a new banquet facility, outdoor amphitheater, and other attractions.